CIES Football Observatory took a look at Europe’s Top 5 leagues: Premier league,La Liga,Serie A,Bundesliga and Ligue 1 to determine the most valuable players currently. PSG star Kylian Mbappe has been named as the most valuable footballer in the world with a market value of £226m.
(More than what PSG paid Barcelona for Neymar in 2017)
The French youngster is a major target for Real Madrid,Juventus and Liverpool also linked with the player. The 21-year old has scored 18 times this season for Paris Saint-German across all competitions. Any club to buy Mbappe from PSG will have to spend a “world-record fee”.
Manchester City/England winger Raheem Sterling is the 2nd most valuable footballer,Liverpool/Egypt’s Mohamed Salah in 3rd.
Jadon Sancho for Dortmund/England and Liverpool/Senegal forward Sadio Mane make up Top 5.
Liverpool’s duo Alisson Becker(£74m) and Virgil Van Dijk(£79m) are “most valuable goalkeeper” and “most valuable central defender” respectively.
Here’s the Top 10 Most Valuable Footballers in the world.
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – £226m
2. Raheem Sterling (Man City) – £190m
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – £150m
4. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – £144m
5. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – £132m
6. Harry Kane ( Tottenham ) – £129m
7. Marcus Rashford (Man Utd) – £114m
8. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – £107m
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – £105m
10. Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan) – £99m
to Return *home page*